Who Are You Following? Then the spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the Thirty, and he said,"We are yours, O David; and with you, O son of Jesse! Peace, peace to you, and peace to the one who helps you! For your God is the one who helps you."Then David received them, and made them officers of his troops. 1 Chronicles 12:18 Upon being asked to contribute to the Lenten Blog ...Keep Reading
Lent is the season preceding Easter Sunday, where we especially focus on examining our hearts, confessing our sins, and reflecting on the significance of Christ's death. There are many ways you can journey along with us these next 40 days (46 days including Sundays). Here are a few to consider:
- Personal Journey
- Lent is a time of fasting and making space for God in your personal life. Ask the Lord, what do you want me to give up these next 40 days? And what do you want to replace it with?
- See our fasting guide for further information
- Communal Journey
- Lenten Blog - Each day during Lent an Elder, Deacon, or Staff member from MPC will post their reflection on a passage of scripture. We are following along the book "40 Days with the Holy Spirit" by Jack Levison, and you are welcome to join in (You can purchase a copy of the book on Amazon or contact Saona email@example.com). Check back to this page each day!
- Wednesday Mid-Day Fast - Consider fasting and praying together as a church. Each Wednsday we will fast from lunch and commit to prayer for 30 minutes. The MPC sanctuary will be open from 11:30-1 for silent prayer or you can pray from home, your office, or out on a walk.
- Missional Journey
- Upper Room: Missio Dei - Every Sunday morning from 9-10am we will focus our lenten journey on the "Mission of God" to keep our journey blanced with an outward lens of, "what is God's heart and mission for the world?"
Feel free to stop by the table in the Narthex to browse and pick up some Lenten resources. Click on the links below to browse through the recommended books.
MPC Lenten Devotional:
40 Days with the Holy Spirit, by Jack Levison
Other Recommended Books:
Sacred Rhythms, Ruth Haley Barton
You are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit, James K.A. Smith
Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
Spiritual Disciplines Handbook, Adele Ahlberg Calhoun